The story so far (December 2015)
Bray Parish Council has been developing a Neighbourhood Plan. This has been led by the Bray Parish Neighbourhood Plan (BPNP) Steering Group made up of local volunteers and, after taking into account views expressed by residents during previous consultations, a Draft Plan was prepared early in 2015.
A Pre-Submission Consultation was held during May-June 2015 asking Residents about their views on this Draft Plan. The output has been recorded in the document entitled “BPNP Pre-Submission Consultation – Summary of Responses 6 18.08.15” which can be downloaded here.
At the same time as the Consultation was in progress, the Steering Group commissioned a Healthcheck on the Draft Plan. This was undertaken by a Government Inspector under the RICS NPIERS Scheme set up to assist Neighbourhood Planning groups. The output from that work is captured in the document entitled “Bray_Parish_NP_Healthcheck_
The Steering Group are in the process of preparing a revised Draft Plan using input from these two sources. They will be discussing the resulting document with Bray Parish Council in preparation for the adoption of the updated Draft Plan for Submission to RBWM during the first months of 2016.
And Previously (January to December 2015)…
Bray Parish Council has been developing a Neighbourhood Plan. This has been led by a Steering Group made up of local volunteers and, after taking into account views expressed by residents during previous consultations, a Draft Plan has been prepared.
What happens now?
- There will be local consultation of both residents and local businesses/organisations on the Draft Plan.
- Amendments will be made following the consultation.
- The Draft Plan is then submitted to RBWM.
- There then needs to be an independent examination by a Planning Inspector appointed by RBWM.
- Once it has passed examination, the Plan is submitted to a local Referendum of Parish residents through a process managed by RBWM.
- If final approval is received from local people in the Referendum, our Plan will form part of the RBWM Local Development plan, and carry real legal weight in future planning decisions in the Parish.
- Should the Plan not pass the local referendum, planning applications can be decided without the weight of locally expressed and approved views – and a new Neighbourhood Plan may have to be started from scratch.
The Pre-Submission Consultation
This is the local consultation on the current Draft Plan. It gives residents and other local organisations to see what future policies are being suggested for Bray Parish and encourages residents to give their views, both positive and suggestions for improvement.
A Pre-Submission Consultation document was delivered in mid-May 2015 to every household and business in Bray Parish. This summary document will outline the key proposals which are being proposed as the basis of the final Neighbourhood Plan. A copy of this Pre-Submission Consultation document can be found here (pdf).
The Pre-Submission Consultation runs until Friday 24th July 2015 (originally 3rd July 2015) after which the Steering Group, together with Bray Parish Council, will review each comment made and amend the Draft Plan where they feel it would be improved.
How can residents respond?
Comments can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- online via Survey Monkey. Enter https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BrayPlanConsultation , complete your contact details and the survey will allow you to record your views on any (or all) of the Policies. Or
- by detaching and completing the Response Form attached to the Pre-Submission Consultation document being delivered in mid-May Or
- by downloading the Response Form from here in MS Word format, completing it on your computer and submitting it as an attachment to an e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (or posting it by Freepost).
What is the deadline for responses?
All responses must be received by Friday 24th July 2015 (originally 3rd July 2015).
Where can you see the full Draft Plan?
You can read online the full Draft Bray Parish Neighbourhood Plan (or download it) from here (pdf). Alternatively, a printed copy may be collected from the Bray Parish Council office in Moneyrow Green. The Parish Office is open from 09.30hrs to 12.30hrs from Monday to Thursday each week.
Please share your views with us before the Draft Plan is finalised.